Monday, June 18, 2012

If You Give a Girl a Husband...

We're fresh off the All Star Break. Three glorious days off. We spent them flying across the country to go to Nik's brother's wedding in California. It was the most time we've spent together since the offseason. I loved every minute of it but the second I left for work this morning, I felt that old familiar pang. We'd been apart five minutes and I missed him. Like really really bad. Pathetic but hear me out.

You know it's weird but the more time we spend together, the harder it is to be apart. When Nik was in Charleston and I was in Tampa last year, I thought it was absolute torture. But now it's like every time I see him is a tease. Like someone putting a bowl of ice cream in front on you and only letting you have one bite every so often and a scoop or two on the weekend. A taste is not enough! (that is completely not sexual by the way). Does that make sense?

I'm not whining right now just so you know. I don't want it to come off like that because I know how lucky I am to see him at all. It's just something I've noticed in my own experience. It seems like when I had the chance to be completely on my own, I was sad but I had to adjust and make my own plans, get into my own groove and have my own routine. But now our lives are intertwined in a way that makes it difficult for me to feel established on my own. Instead of living my life, I'm waiting for Nik to get home. And I do it to myself, I know I do. But gosh it's just so much easier than making the effort to distract myself or better yet find something I truly enjoy and do it.

So until Wednesday at about 1 am, it's just me and Beary Manilow watching Euro Cup, eating cereal for dinner, missing Nik (obvi) and holding down the fort. Not a bad way to spend a road trip, right?

Meet Beary Manilow-the first Valentine's gift I ever got as a wife.



1 comment:

  1. I love the name Beary Manilow. Awesome. And also, sorry it's been so bad as of late.

    ReplyDelete