Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So You Don't Know What a WAG is....

The term WAG originated with the British tabloids who used it as an acronym to describe the Wives And Girlfriends of English football (soccer) players during the 2006 World Cup. It has since become a generic description of the Wives And Girlfriends of any athlete. If you're absolutely wild to know more, take a look here.

So, yes, I am a self-described WAG. Also, if you read that Wikipedia page you see that the term WAG is NOT a term of endearment. Sort of the equivalent of what one might call a jersey chaser
here in the states or a "real housewife" if you're into that sort of thing.

But, you know, I'm embracing the waggery because, really, what else can a girl do?

1 comment:

  1. I have officially caught up. Rachel my wag, the fact that you're doing this really is a dream come true for me. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete