Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Erin!

I know I’m late and a terrible friend but I must take this opportunity to wish a blog happy birthday to Erin Kelly Moore (a blog happy birthday is the only kind that matters really). She turned 23 on Monday. I didn’t write this on the day of her actual birth because she and I were out to sushi to celebrate and then I unsuccessfully attempted to scan a picture of us to accompany this post. What a disappointment am I to my fellow Gen-Yers? We’re supposed to be addicted to technology and I can’t even scan a picture. Pathetic.


Erin and I after birthday sushi Monday.



Anyway, the good Lord saw fit to spare our families and associates from our shenanigans for five long years but once we hit kindergarten, no one could stop us! Erin still has a report card in which our teacher wrote that “Erin and her friend Rachel are extremely loquacious.” And that’s how we knew some impressive vocabulary at age six.


This is actually my birthday...my seventh to be exact (I finally got the picture to work).



We were in all the same classes through elementary school except for fourth grade when Erin decided to abandon me for North Carolina. But that didn’t last long. The Moores wisely realized they couldn’t live without me. In middle school, we spent the hour before school eating breakfast together and watching “Saved by the Bell” or MTV videos. My, that Zack Morris was handsome!

Erin’s home became my second home in high school. I knew the passcode to get in and spent almost every weekend there. In fact, Erin’s family once left for vacation while I was still asleep. I woke up, enjoyed a delicious bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and watched TV. We went on vacation together a couple times and just generally had incredibly wild times that I will not discuss right now because I’m saving them up for a future book deal – “Moore Johnson: The outrageous adventures of a very sober girl and her very drunk friend.” That’s just a working title mind you.

Since we were five years old, Erin has always been there for me. Brightening my day with text messages that say things like “I think a lesbian colony is in order,” helping me find my pimp name, forcing me to exercise, aiding me in my obsession with “Boy Meets World.” She’s been there for the get-togethers, the hook-ups, the break-ups, the mistakes and the triumphs. She was one of my first friends to meet Nik, she was there for the proposal and she’ll be standing by my side at the wedding in October (she’s much more deserving of the maid of honor title than my deadbeat sister).

Erin, I love you! Happy birthday. I know we’ll be celebrating it together for years to come.


Erin's 21st birthday. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment