Friday, May 20, 2011

The Letters we Never Send

I think most people have heard or gotten the advice to write letters to people that will never be sent. It is a cathartic process for us to say what we want and need to say but can or should not. It’s usually reserved for cases that call for venting or extreme honesty. Well, today friends, I am writing one such letter. Although, I guess by putting it up on the Internet it could indeed find its way to the person it’s meant for…whoops!

I do not know this person’s name but I think a description will be sufficient for this address.

Dear Skankyface,
Thank you for shamelessly hitting on and trying to flirt with my fiancĂ©. It validates my choice in men and let’s me know that he’s still got it! And I totally agree that he looks REALLY intimidating doing his pick-off move: ) And you know what else? Thank you for having the self-respect not to outright offer to show him your ta-tas or anything of the sort. That’s more than I can say for some other minor league groupies. Bravo to you. Also, it was super nice of you to ask specifically for him by name and wait outside for 20 minutes while he showered. You must be a really dedicated fan. And we can always use more of those!

Love,
Rachel aka the future Mrs. Nik Turley

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's too harsh. Although, if I were her and I received that letter, I would be a little afraid... which is probably a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you! You make me laugh a lot.

    ReplyDelete