Thursday, March 8, 2012

Random Musings

Payday
The first unmarked envelope filled with $100 bills arrived. Baseball season and its accompanying sketchiness have officially begun.

New Tunes
Okay, I’m kind of scared to say this—if you have younger, “hip” siblings you understand why. They’ve basically bullied me into never revealing songs or artists I like because they always respond with “that song is sooo old.” Conversation over. But I just like this song so much I can’t help myself. It’s called “Somebody I Used to Know” by Gotye. Have you heard it? Am I so late?

Hot Water Drought Update
Our hot water worked perfectly for exactly twenty four hours. Now it’s hot for about five minutes before turning to something I would classify as almost lukewarm. The maintenance man and his supervisor were supposed to come by this morning to verify (this is 100% true) that the problem is with our water heater nipples. I am officially tired of this adventure.

Hope everyone is LOVING spring training:)

3 comments:

  1. That song isn't soooo old. I think it just hit "most downloaded" or something like that. You're a couple months behind being able to claim "I liked that song before it was popular!" but right on track with the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I discovered Ellie Goulding's "Lights" long after my brothers deemed it socially acceptable to rave about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I hear that song for the first time on a plane two weeks ago? yeah...maybe. Did I love it? yeah...maybe. Does Evan know call it my Jam...you know it!

    ReplyDelete