Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Big Move

Well, we finally gave up our life of luxury, went the way of most baseball couples and moved in with a host family... or a host person... also known as my Grandma. We've been here for five days now and I just don't know where to begin.

Perhaps the downgrade of our king size bed to a full is a good place to start. The first night was pretty sleepless for both of us. The second night, I was awoken in the middle of the night because Nik was literally laying on top of me. The next night, I woke up in the middle of the night and Nik was glaring at me (apparently I'm not great at sharing the covers). Just when we were starting to figure it out, Nik left on a road trip. First time this season I've been excited about him being gone.

Also, our room is tiny. My grandma lives alone and has three bedrooms and four closets (including a walk-in one) and yet there is no room for any of our stuff. We've already put 2/3 of it in storage but I still regularly trip over backpacks and suitcases and clothes in the four feet of walking space around the bed. The reason there's no space is because my grandma needs to be on one of those extreme couponing shows. 10 for $10--she's all over it. Four bottles of rubbing alcohol, five cartons of half&half, six boxes of kleenex, 36 rolls of toilet paper. It's slightly out of hand.

But we love being with Grammy (and her tiny poodle Rocky) and we especially love not paying rent. Everything else makes a good story and we're loving our new adventure as house guests. It's starting to feel like we're finally earning our minor league stripes!

2 comments:

  1. You are just making more and more excited to live with my parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying at you waking up to Nik glaring. I do the same thing to Kurt! You would think our strong husbands could put up a better fight for the covers in the middle of the night:)

    ReplyDelete