Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Old Bait and Switch


I have been avoiding this blog because baseball and I have not been on great terms lately and if you don’t have anything nice to say… well, you know how it goes.  Nik and I have been planning to get a dog this offseason for awhile now. Once we realized that his team wasn’t going to the playoffs, we decided we’d leave Wednesday (as in yesterday) to drive to California and pick the little guy up. Then Nik was going to have to fly back to Tampa for two and a half weeks for instructs (did I mention that he has to go to instructs this year? awesome) and he’d come back and we’d spend the offseason in LA.

Well, the night before the last game of the season, Nik was told he’d be going to Trenton to help with playoffs. His flight was at 830 Sunday morning. Translation: It is/was possible for Nik to come back from Trenton the 16th and start instructs the 18th aka ruining every plan we had. After my initial panic and many, many discussions about what the proper course of action would be, we came up with a semblance of a plan.

So here I find myself in California, ready to pick up the puppy tomorrow and drive back to Tampa with Nik’s mom this weekend. Bless her for being willing to do it. Then we (Nik, puppy and I) will spend about three weeks in Tampa before we drive back across the country. Not gonna lie, I’m feeling a little bad for myself and the puppy, of course.

I know the baseball gods are laughing in my face right now. You dared to make plans, heh heh heh, I’ll show you. So lesson learned. Never again will I tempt fate by thinking things will be easy and uncomplicated. On the bright side, this little guy will be all mine tomorrow!!! 

                                                           He's the one on the right

And, yes, you can expect every future post to be about him. Sorry: ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment